The Ugli building wood lane an ex BBC building now home to more than 50 creative and media tenants.
Previously tenants struggled with ADSL, run over old legacy copper wires. Speed was not good enough – especially for media heavy operations like uploading video, high res images and music streaming. Reliability was a bigger issue, with outages bringing working practices to a halt.
Smartinfo delivered a Gigabit fibre connection (leased line) into the site and then distributed with GPON single mode fibre throughout the building.
What does this mean?
To the landlord:
- Smartinfo manage and support all the connectivity to the tenants – so no management headaches.
- GPON is a bullet proof and reliable technology.
- Unlike copper cat5 future speeds are unlimited
- A difficult building flooded with power is easy with fibre!
- Asset value added to building
- Elegant fibre has small footprint
- Other building services such as cctv, door entry can be run over fibre too
To the tenant:
- Supply and support from a B2B supplier
- Low cost for a full leased line service
- Choice or speeds from fast to light speed!
- Reliable connectivity covered by SLA
- 4 port gigabit connectivity, Wifi