Smartinfo have installed many new phone systems for schools and colleges. Many companies just remove old switchboards like for like, misssing an opportunity to add greater functionallity to a schools facility management.
Some of the features we like to install specifically for schools are:-
1) An Operator console – to enable the receptionist to handle a large number of calls at the busiest times
2) Texting from the desktop to allow student or parent realtime updating of urgent opening times info
3) Mobex – to allow mobile phones to replace DECT systems
4) Paging through phones
5) Scalling of lines up and down at busyest times such as admissions for 6th form colleges
6) Mobile gateway to reduce mobile call costs by 60%
If your supplier has not recommended any, or all, of the above they are not looking after a schools functional needs!